PA - Danielle Imbo & Richard Petrone Jr -2/19/05- So. Jersey

PA - Danielle Imbo & Richard Petrone Jr -2/19/05- So. Jersey

Postby glorialafolle » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:13 pm

I know of this couple because my boyfriend knew them, his best friend was in a band with Danielle. I just find the story so strange. They were last seen at a bar on South Street (a street full of bars and nightlife), getting into Richard's car. Neither they nor the car were ever seen again. I have heard rumours that a hit man, Robert Carey, was hired by the ex-husband to kill them, but Carey killed himself, so we may never know. I've also read that someone might have killed them just for the car..the page with info about the couple is http://www.richardpetrone.com/html/feb19.php (Among others.) This is the article about Robert Carey:
http://articles.philly.com/2010-04-17/n ... ug-charges .

Does anyone know anything about this case? Any opinions?
glorialafolle

Re: PA: Missing Couple Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone

Postby Cheri » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I hadn't heard of this case before that I can recall, so I need to do a little research.
The main thing is not to panic
Cheri
Site admin
Site admin

Postby Cheri » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Richard and Danielle were last seen on Feb. 19, 2005

Richard's black 2001 4 dr Dodge Dakota pick up has never been recovered

No credit card or ATM card activity for either since that date

No cellphone activity for either since that date

There's no physical evidence of any kind to give hints about what may have happened

There are no suspects and have been no arrests

There is a $100,000 reward for any information that leads to their whereabouts

Danielle has brown hair, hazel eyes, and a tattoo on her lower back - astrological sign (Leo) inside a horseshoe of flowers

Richard has brown hair, blue eyes, and two tattoos - image of clowns on his right arm, his daughter's name on his left arm, 'Angela'

Danielle's ex husband, Joe Imbo allegedly threatened Richard on several occasions over the phone. He was questioned by LE and took a polygraph - results were inconclusive

According to friends shortly (days?) before the night they disappeared Danielle had broke up with Richard but agreed to go out with him on 2/19/05

Richard and Danielle are described at the time by friends and family as devoted parents

Searches of the Delaware River turned up a number of vehicles but not Richard's

Anyone with information regarding the couple or the missing pickup truck is urged to contact the FBI in Philadelphia at (215) 418-4000; the Philadelphia Police at (215) 686-3013; the Mount Laurel, New Jersey, Police at (856) 234-1414, extension 500; or the Citizens Crime Commission at (215) 546-TIPS.
Cheri
Site admin
Site admin

Postby Cheri » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:05 pm

The Disappearance of Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/crim ... one/1.html

in depth article

From this article about Robert Carey (deceased) that Gloria linked above: http://articles.philly.com/2010-04-17/n ... ug-charges

When South Jersey couple Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone vanished from South Street in February 2005, rumors circulated that Carey was the hit man who made them disappear.

A law-enforcement source said authorities eyed Carey but never declared him a suspect. And a source familiar with the Port Richmond area in which Carey ran part of the drug operation said that street talk had implicated Carey in the couple's disappearance.

Yesterday, FBI Special Agent J.J. Klaver said investigators don't have any suspects in the case, despite a $50,000 reward.

Still, he acknowledged, many investigators believe a murder-for-hire motive led to the couple's disappearance. On Feb. 19, 2005, Petrone, 35, and Imbo, 34, were having drinks with another couple at a South Street bar and left together shortly before midnight in Petrone's black 2001 Dodge Dakota pickup.

No one has seen or heard from them since. The truck was never found and their credit cards, bank accounts and cell phones were never used again.
Cheri
Site admin
Site admin

Postby Cheri » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:14 pm

The truck never being recovered has me wondering if it wasn't in the Delaware river, then maybe another river, a lake, or a pond? Some place where people don't swim or fish or the water is too murky to see into.

Voluntary walk away? they were devoted to their children and had broke up - maybe there was some sort of extenuating circumstance like being afraid of someone

Murder/Suicide?

Foul play?

There hasn't been anything I've read so far to make one possibility seem much more likely than another though voluntary walk away seems the less likely.
Cheri
Site admin
Site admin

Postby glorialafolle » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks for researching and responding. This case just bothers me. My boyfriend says that Danielle was a vibrant, friendly girl. He also said that he was aware of her ex getting extremely jealous, like when she would interact with her co-singer in the band she was in on stage. He would get super angry just because of the stage banter/dancing she'd do with the singer, who she was never involved with. Not that I think all jealous guys are murderers. But there don't appear to be any other real suspects who would have ordered the couple dead.

I also thought that perhaps it was elsewhere besides the Delaware river. The Schuylkill would be too obvious, but someone could've driven it up to the Poconos or down to the ocean. There are certainly plenty of lakes and ponds in PA too. I also thought that maybe it was torn apart and used for parts. I know VINs can be erased & stuff like that. However, I think if someone wanted to eliminate all evidence of a car, they'd destroy it or bury it completely.

A lot of people have mentioned the Pine Barrens in New Jersey, where there are just miles and miles of forest, and people have been known to get terribly lost. But that wouldn't really explain the truck. I've heard other people mention the bodies being buried on a mountain somewhere..I'm not that familiar with the geography of New Jersey, but I know there are some mountain/big hill-type areas there, and of course here, too. Again, I think a truck would be pretty noticeable, even up high on a mountain, though.

I'm thinking that voluntary walk away or suicide would be the most unlikely, since apparently they both were close with their children. I can't imagine any loving parent ever doing such a thing to their children. I also just don't see a woman in the prime of her life, having fun and getting out and performing often, deciding to drop everything and go awol.

Do any of these cases ever haunt you all? I can't help being extremely interested in them, but it's also gotten me much more scared and paranoid. For a while, after watching multiple episodes of Unsolved Mysteries and Disappeared, I was really bad about it, and terrified to ever be home alone. My neighbourhood is super loud and rowdy, but I would think every sound I ever heard was someone lurking outside my bedroom trying to break in and/or murder me. I know it's unlikely, but I'm sure that's what any crime victim thinks. There are many cases--this one, but also Kara Kopetsky, Roxanne Paltauf, Ray Gricar, Steven Koecher, Bradyn Fuksa, Tara Grinstead, Brittanee Drexel, the Jamison family, the McStay family, Brandy Hall, Jeremy Alex, and Holly Bobo's--that really bother me, and keep me up at night. I imagine what became of these people, and what their last hours (most likely) must have been like. I am so glad a board like this exists. It helps to know that other people are similarly engrossed by these stories.
glorialafolle

Postby Cheri » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:36 am

Joe Imbo certainly seems like a likely suspect given the descriptions of his temper and jealousy. I think I read that it wasn't believed that Joe and Richard had ever met in person.

In everything I've read so far people have had nothing but nice things to say about Danielle and Richard.

I wouldn't say any of these cases haunt me, but some certainly keep me up at night thinking about them.
Cheri
Site admin
Site admin

Postby Cury-us Coyote » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Life Channel - Vanished with Beth Holloway covering case tonight.
Cury-us Coyote
Resident Member
Resident Member

Re: PA - Danielle Imbo & Richard Petrone - 2/19/05 - So. Jer

Postby Cheri » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Cheri
Site admin
Site admin

Re: PA - Danielle Imbo & Richard Petrone Jr -2/19/05- So. Je

Postby Diamond Lil » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 am

:rose Missing 8 Years

ImageImage

http://www.palivsafe.org/pages/missingp ... eimbo.html

Dodge Truck PA Registration YFH2319

Any Information about this case, please contact:
Mount Laurel Police Department:1-856-234-1414

Eight years later, still no clue in couple's disappearance
Brian X. McCrone, Breaking News Desk
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 6:48 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... rance.html

The Citizen's Crime Commission is still offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to their whereabouts. The public can call 215-546-TIPS (8477) to give information.

In their statement issued Tuesday afternoon on the eighth anniversary, the FBI issued the following statement:

"The FBI, the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office, and the Philadelphia Police Department Homicide Division are continuing to investigate the disappearance of Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo (née October). The pair was last seen at 11:30 p.m. on February 19, 2005, leaving a bar (formerly Abilene’s Bar) on 4th and South Streets in Philadelphia, in Petrone's 2001 Dodge Dakota pickup truck. Investigators have reason to believe that Petrone and Imbo were victims of foul play; neither the couple nor the vehicle have been found. Richard Petrone was a single parent living in South Philadelphia, and worked full time at his family’s business, Viking’s Pastries, in Ardmore, PA. Danielle Imbo, who was estranged from her husband, was living in South Jersey with her infant son and was working in the mortgage industry."

FBI Still Seeks Missing Couple With Ardmore Ties, 8 Years Later
Richard Petrone worked at Viking Pastries.

By Ardmore Patch Staff
February 20, 2013

http://ardmore.patch.com/articles/fbi-s ... ears-later

On the eighth anniversary of their disappearance, investigators are again asking the public for help in concluding this case. Anyone with information that may assist investigators is urged to call the Philadelphia Citizens Crime Commission Tipline at 215-546-TIPS (215-546-8477).

There is a $50,000 reward for information about the whereabouts of Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo and/or for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/crim ... one/1.html

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... trone.html

image of Richard from The Charley Project site
Diamond Lil

Re: PA - Danielle Imbo & Richard Petrone Jr -2/19/05- So. Je

Postby Diamond Lil » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 pm

:rose Missing 9 Years

article from 2013

Search continues for missing mother, 34, and father, 35, who vanished without a trace as they left a bar EIGHT YEARS ago

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 09:03 EST, 21 February 2013 | UPDATED: 10:01 EST, 21 February 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lphia.html

The Citizen's Crime Commission is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the couple's whereabouts. The public can call 215-546-TIPS (8477) to give information.
Diamond Lil

Return to Pennsylvania Missing Persons